Introducing MH Legal
Our practice specialises exclusively in mental health and incapacity law. Margaret Houdmont, Pam White and Gail Guest are members of the Law Society's Mental Health Tribunal Panel. They each have over 25 years experience in providing advice on and representation in all aspects of mental health law.
Covering the East Midlands, Yorkshire and Humberside, we offer a confidential and personal service advising:
- patients, families or carers about their rights
- patients detained by the Criminal Courts
- patients detained in low and medium secure hospitals and rehabilitation units
- patients on civil sections (assessment/treatment)
- patients who are prison transfer en-route to discharge
- discharge and the application of S 117 rights
We always take a wider view of our client's personal situation and where other specialist advice is needed, for example family law or crime, we will refer him/her to a law firm we trust and that can advise on these specific areas of the law.
MH Legal has been awarded a specialist quality mark by the Legal Services Commission for the provision of legal services in mental health matters.